What's Hot?

Michael Jackson’s Timeline

Wednesday, July 1, 2009


Michael Jackson’s Timeline

1958 – Born on August 29 in Gary, Indiana, the 7th among 9 children

1963 – Gives his public performance singing Climb Every Mountain

1964 – Jackson 5 is established with Michael as the lead singer

1970 – I Want You Back by J5 tops the charts
- J5 releases its 1st album – Got to Be There

1978 – Jackson makes his film debut “The Wiz”. It is also the year that he is believed to have had the first plastic surgery on his nose after a dancing accident in which he broke it.

1980 – The American Music Awards are dominated in the soul categories by Jackson, w/ awards for favorite male vocalist, favorite single and favorite Album

1982 – Releases Thriller w/c becomes the world’s best selling album, no. 1 in US for 37 weeks straight, w/ hits including Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller. Jackson’s moonwalk dance move and the mini-movie video for Thriller become part of the sensation.

1984 – Admitted to hospital after a smoke bomb burns his scalp while he is filming a spot for a Pepsi campaign.

1985 – Co-writes (w/ Lionel Richie) We Are the World, invests US$47 million in the catalogue that controls the rights to Beatles songs.

1987 – Releases Bad and buys the Neverland ranch in California

1991 – Signs w/ Sony, reputedly worth US$1 billion

1993 – Addicted to painkillers, cancels his Mexico tour. PepsiCo terminates its contract.

1994 – Marries Lisa Marie Presley (lasted for only 19 months)

1995 – You Are Not Alone from HIStory album is released. The album sells poorly.

1996 – Marries for the 2nd time, to a nurse, and then divorced after 3 years.

1997 – Had a son named Prince. M.J. and his brothers are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

2002 – Prince Michael II (Blanket) is born, using a surrogate mother. He makes headlines for dangling him over his Berlin hotel room.

2003 – Neverland is searched. He was arrested for multiple charges of child sex abuse. He is released after posting US$3 million bail.

2004 – A grand jury indicts Jackson on charges that he molested a boy and used alcohol to seduce him. He pleads not guilty.

2005 – Acquitted on all accounts.

2009 – Jackson is reportedly in rehearsals for schedule of 50 concerts to begin at 02 Arena in London on July 8. It was to be his first extended concert run in 12 years.

JUNE 25, 2009 – Jackson is rushed to a hospital by LA Fire Dept. paramedics, who find him in cardiac arrest and not breathing. Efforts to revive him are unsuccessful.

excerpts from The Dominion Post

Among M.J.’s songs “Man in the Mirror” is my personal favorite:

"Man In The Mirror"

I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My
Favourite Winter Coat
This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind
I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See
Their Needs
A Summer's Disregard,
A Broken Bottle Top
And A One Man's Soul
They Follow Each Other On
The Wind Ya' Know
'Cause They Got Nowhere
To Go
That's Why I Want You To
Know

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change)
(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,
Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish
Kind Of Love
It's Time That I Realize
That There Are Some With No
Home, Not A Nickel To Loan
Could It Be Really Me,
Pretending That They're Not
Alone?

A Willow Deeply Scarred,
Somebody's Broken Heart
And A Washed-Out Dream
(Washed-Out Dream)
They Follow The Pattern Of
The Wind, Ya' See
Cause They Got No Place
To Be
That's Why I'm Starting With
Me
(Starting With Me!)

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
(Ooh!)
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
(Ooh!)
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change)

0 comments:

 
♥ Out & About - by Miss Sachi ♥ - Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB Tested by Blogger Templates